Monday, September 15, 2008

Harmony PA

McAllister Family
Susquehanna R. in the same spot where is thought Joseph and Oliver were baptized.
Spencer, Lainey, & Evelyn Tracie, Aaron & Spencer

We had the opportunity to go with the McAllisters to Harmony, PA where their son Max was baptized in the Susquehanna River. In fact he was baptized in the spot where it's believed that Joseph Smith Jr. & Oliver Cowdry were baptized. HOW COOL IS THAT!!! It was an amazing experience and we are so grateful to have shared in the McAllister's day. We also were able to stop at some other church spots.

The Homesite of Joseph & Emmas Smith. The FIRST homesite. The cornerstones are still there!!! This was a dream come true since i am such a HUGE Joseph Smith fan!!! I walked where Joseph & Emma walked...
Joseph & Emma's first infant son (Alvin) was buried here as well as Emma's parents.

2 comments:

Morgan, Lindsay, Max and London said...

THat is so cool you live by such historical sites! I guess Utah has some, but Arizona, not so much...I guess I need to come visit more!

mk said...

How cool is that!! So neat. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Also THANKS so much for the "costume" pictures. I needed the one of you as well!