"It is your reaction to adversity, not the adversity itself, that determines how your life's story will develop." Dieter Uchtdorf
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
I accept your challenge Lizard!
Recently my little sister challenged the rest of the sisters to use 6 words that described ourselves. so here is goes....
Ok. so my 6+ words are:
are?...
are?...
1-funn... no not "funny ha" maybe "funny interesting??"
oh ok... These are in no particular order just as they randomly pop into my head. (just be grateful that anything did pop into my head regarding this subject.)
1- I LOVE history. Especially about Presidents and prophets. The history that you don't read about in school but who they were as human beings before and after their presidencies and basically what kind of men they were (i'll give you $1 if you can name who this US President was....)
2- "Book-Worm". I love reading about different cultures and strong women and their stories. I think i gain a little bit of their confidence when i read how they overcame trials and struggles. I wish i could say i'm an avid scripture reader to this list but mom, i'm working on it and with the help of my YW (we are all trying to read our B.O.M.'s in 60 days) i'll do better.
3-"Mom". It's my favorite job i have ever or will ever have. I thank my Heavenly Father for entrusting me with this AMAZING responsibility every single day of my life. What a gift little Spencer is in my life and i just adore him to pieces... (yes, i'm choking up as i write this what a baby am i!!) I would also like to add "wife" to this number because my husband seriously is the BEST thing that ever happened to me and i cherish him and am eternally grateful to him for putting up with my little quirks that drive most people nuts!
4-Adventure: yes i love watching tv and reading on my sofa but there are times when i just have to get out of the house and see something new. Being where we are right now it's fun to go exploring to DC, NY or lets face it Scranton, PA.
5-Positive: I try and look for the positive side of everything. I believe that everything happens for a reason and we just need to remember that in the grand scheme of things a lot of our "troubles" aren't that big of a deal if we just put them into perspective.. (yes, my apt has yet another leak in the ceiling and am really trying to remember this concept right now.)
6-Member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints & A Daughter of GOD. Recently i gave a lesson to my YW (who are the BEST YW ever!!!) about President Hinckley's "6 BEES." It hit me as we were discussing "BEE TRUE" that we should be loyal to our Church and Proud to be a member. I always say that i am a member of the church but haven't thought about being Loyal to it.. I then realized how proud i was to be a daughter of God and member of this amazing church. I am forever grateful to my mom for sticking with it when times were at it's hardest but always reminding me how much the church meant to her and passing along her testimony to us. geesh i have a great family and am excited to be together forever with them.
Thanks for the challenge liz. sorry i went on forever and was a little too emotional but sometimes you just need to share your testimony with family and friends that you don't get to see everyday. I love you guys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
John Adams???????? George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison??????????? They all look the same back then!!!!!
You are great! I loved reading about you. Your positive, fun loving personality is the best.
Aaron is welcome to come over anytime to watch Shark week with us! I'm glad to know he is obsessed too!
John Adams
LOVED your words. Very fun challenge!!
very good words! i love that you love history and that i do too. :)
You are so cute. I am so cool- I think I'm the one that took that award winning shot of spence at the temple door.
I love your list. I love your testimony. It's really sweet. Aaron, Spence, Jake (oh wait), the upstairs neighbors AND young women are all lucky to have you.
COME BACK HOME TO UTAH!
for christmas, I am totally getting you that book that patrick dempsey's character got his little girl on enchanted. "Strong Women throughout history" or some such. Books like that are so underrated.
John Adams! I knew that one! But mostly because I'm reading his book. . . .
I really liked your words, I thought they fit you perfectly. Thanks for sharing your testimony, too.
I still am having trouble coming up with my words, oh well.
And I agree with Jenn, let's all move back to Utah:)
Post a Comment