The grandparents arrived for the BIG EVENT from Utah and as we were putting everything in the car to take to the church, Spencer closed his hand in the car door!!! As we rushed back into the house i was full of prayer that it wasn't broken. If he didn't want to get baptized for cold water i'm thinking he certainly wasn't going to get baptized with a broken hand!!
After we put ice on it and took a look....2 fingers were dented and already swelling. i mean i had to open the car door to get his hand out! it was bad. He was screaming he didn't want to get baptized and just stay home. i took a deep breathe and said "Spence satan really doesn't want you to get baptized and he is going to do ANYTHING he can to stop you. Are we going to let him win?" My little 8 year old stopped crying and said "no mom, we aren't." From there we taped his 2 swelling fingers together (inspirational thought) and left for the baptism. I did a 360 to run back in for tylenol (ANOTHER inspirational thought) and we got to the church on time. What a wonderful day it turned out to be. Thank you Heavenly Father for all the inspirational thoughts and answer to prayers!
| Grandpa/Ma Norton |
| Grandma MK |
| Primary buddies |
Oh and by the time the baptism was over.....his fingers were back to normal size.
In additional to all of this i was an emotional wreck. I missed my dad so much! i wanted so badly to put his name on the program as another witness. But even though he wasn't physically there i know he and my grandparents were there with us. It was a truly wonderful day. I have never been more proud of my little boy for his decision. A decision that is a start to his foundation.
3 comments:
So grateful to share it all with you! Awesome job, Spencer!!
Congratulations, Spence!! That is seriously so great you were so calm and collected enough to listen to those thoughts! I would have been thinking "Yep, I'M done, let's go home!" Papa Bill sure proud of Spence, too. What a great and very memorable day!!
What a nice baptism it was and a special day for Spencer.
I love that kid and am so glad I get to be his primary teacher this year.
Post a Comment