This one is a keeper! I read this book a couple of years ago but now i think i should read it every year.
It always puts my little trials into perspective when i read about Sarah Prine and her pioneer journey and then settle in the Arizona territories. It's her journal starting in July 1881 and ending in June 1901.
One of my favorite entries: May 31, 1895 They took the kids on a buggy ride before Jack (her husband) took a train heading east. "He just smiled at me and put his arms around me. Then, right in front of the children, in the reflected orange light off the mountain, he put his hands on my face and kissed me hard. The boys howled. April whispered hush... i could hear this while we kissed, and Jack held me close, and I just felt like i melted into his chest. I love you, Mrs. Elliot, Jack said out loud.... I love you too, Captain Elliot, I said. Fine example you're setting for our children, though. yes, indeed, he said. I want them to know that I love you and just how much, too. And that I don't leave you because that feeling's not there, but I stay alive because it is." Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :)
OH, if i ever do meet the author i am dying to ask her why she did what she did with Jack! don't worry i wont spoil the ending for those of you who haven't read it. But come on!
I will be starting her next book in the series "Sarah's Quilt" and will let you know if it lives up to the first one. Happy Reading!
3 comments:
LOVE IT!! SO glad I am married to someone like Jack.
Oh I bawled through all of them. Morgan seriously looked at me like I was CRAZY! Didn't help that I kept telling him he needed to be more like Jack...hahaha!!
It is a keeper, isn't it!
I still am so impressed you read all three.
Book club was fun last night, thanks for coming.
Post a Comment