"Is there any way that this trivial road show could have a healing effect on those who participate? a pornography addict, a depressed young mother, a sick older sister, a lonely outcast, and a spiritually numb Elder's quorum president are about to find out..."
The Author is actually a family friend. I grew up participating in Braden Bell's plays, in the background because i have no vocal abilities. His book is AMAZING! i couldn't put it down and its only 119 pages so it was a quick read. The characters were realistic and their thoughts and struggles were relate able. It encouraged me to do more of the little things that can lift someones load like a visit or phone call.
Of course my favorite character was the "spiritually numb Elder's quorum president." Not that my own husband is "spiritually numb" he's just the Elders quorum president and we could relate to the character and some of his struggles. "Maybe we should just move out to Utah. Then i could be an assistant greeter and have 2 home teaching families who live right down the street."
That's been our goal ever since he was called! :) Thanks mom for lending me this wonderful read. I want my own copy for Christmas.
2 comments:
I am so glad you liked it. Love the pix of Spence looking at the sharks.
Sounds interesting, I might have to borrow it!
Post a Comment