Sunday, July 10, 2011

Childhood memories

Today Aaron, Spence, & I went to my childhood ward.  of course we've been before but today Spence went to Primary. As we were walking back to the primary room he asked me "if i knew where i was going?" I replied "yes, i do because it's the same place I went when i was your age."  He was very surprised.

I was flooded with childhood memories and that ward building and it made me smile.  Back to my own primary days, making my "college quilt" in YW's, then teaching my own sundbeams, and introducing Aaron to the ward. It was an honor taking my son to the same place that i went to learn about the gospel of Jesus Christ. It also made me miss seeing my dad up on the stand conducting sacrament meeting.  I will always be grateful for these memories.

1 comment:

mk said...

We had SUCH a good time while you were here. Thanks for everything. The church does have a lot of memories for us. Amazing to me that I have gone to that building for 30 years and lived SEVERAL lives there.