Saturday, January 16, 2010

How do you know you are a child of God?

I haven't even been to my new ward yet and already i have a calling and now have to talk in church in a couple of weeks. My topic is "How can we know we are children of God?" There was a also a talk by Elder Ballard "how can i know" that i'm suppose to read. So to all who are listening and willing to help, i pose the question: How do you personally know that you are a child of God? I would love and appreciate your help.

5 comments:

Liz said...

the easiest answer i can come up with is that sometimes i pray about it and get an answer that way. priesthood blessings help too. and the song!!

Norton Family said...

that's a good idea to use "i am a child of God" song in my talk. Thanks liz! I'm glad you know you are a child of God. It can be easily forgotten sometimes.

Amy Joy said...

Well, I just stumbled on your blog. I have not blog hopped in a long time. I realized that you are in my new ward with a VERY cute addition to our Primary. He smiled the whole time on Sunday and honestly reminded me that I am a child of God. He made sharing time so nice with his happy personality. I was suddenly less stressed and happy I get to be with the kids. We are happy to have you and your family! :)

Anonymous said...

STILL THINKING... didn't forget. Just without a phone (whoops, tossed it at that pesky wall again.)

Norton Family said...

Thanks for all your responses. my talk was on the 31st and i think it went ok. i'm just glad it's over. whewww!