Friday, October 24, 2008

Quincy, MA part 4

Being a history buff and a daughter of MK we couldn't drive past the crypt of John Adams without stopping by. We got there just as it was closing and the old preacher dude let me sneak in. Nice or crazy?? "hey little lady why don't you come down to the basement of this church where there is a crypt with dead people in it?" i took nice and ventured downstairs. Liz and spence waited outside parked illegeally and i quickly took some pictures and vamoosed. Neat that i got to see the resting place of 2 US presidents though, i'm up to 5.
P.S. the preacher dude was way nice and a BIG fan of these presidents wives. He talked more about them than the Presidents.

1 comment:

mk said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that you went here. I might not ever make it. I really do just love John Adams. Why to I always fall for the underdog? 1800 wasn't a very good year for him.