Tuesday, August 9, 2011

"Graceling" - Kristin Cashore

Graceling

This one was a book club pick so i didn't have a choice BUT to read it.  I usually don't venture into Fantasy or SCI-FI but it was good to get outside my comfort zone and read something different. 
"Graceling" was a quick and exciting read; partly because it was a young adult book but also because it was an interesting life adventure and personal growth book.  It also has a love interest which all of  you know is my favorite part of ANY book. :)  PO was someone who could "hold his own" and that was exactly what Katsa needed.   Complications arouse to interfere with their friendship and budding attraction but they forged ahead and finally admitted the love they had for one another. Their relationship was my favorite part of the book but I wasn't a fan of the authors 21st century spin on marriage in a  medieval story.   

Aaron is excited to start this one and i got her 2nd book "Fire" for him to read afterward. I think I'll pass though.  But those of you who like the Fantasy genre...ENJOY!

1 comment:

mk said...

This is very good information! Thanks!